The seed seems to put out such a great variety of kinds of zinnias. This one was a different one that I have never seen before.. The size and shapes are all different and even the petal arrangements vary.
The bees and hummingbirds do like them. I forgot to mention so do the butterflies find the flowers desirable.
Among the foliage of the zinnias a morning glory vines it way through things. the came later in the season this year.
We had strong wind a few days ago and it flattened these hosta blooms. The sirens were blaring to warn us of the high speed winds but we didn't have any tornadoes,
I picked the most of the tomatoes today. I will be sharing them with some friends on Sunday and keep back some for us. I have only three or four left on the vine but the growing season is done.
I finished mowing the front yard this morning while wearing a jacket. We have cooled off for a few days. It makes things a lot more pleasant when you don't have to fight the heat. We have had a lot of wind today but it feels good as the day warmed up a bit more. I have started cutting back on some of mypeonies. I do them a few at a time and sack up all of the leaves in paper recycle bags. It looks more like fall we I cut the peonies down and I clear off someother flowers as the time goes by. My coneflowers are all gone but the birds like the seeds on them so I will leave them alone. The goldfinch like the coneflowers but I haven't seen any on them lately. The humming bird migration has definitely started as we had so many birds out t here fighting for spaces at the feeders. I have three feeders out there and they move from one to another then go out to the morning glories and zinnias.
Thanks for checking in today.
We had one Hummer on Saturday I think they have all gone South! Such pretty Zinnias!
ReplyDelete