Saturday, April 24, 2010

Merry Christmas......


While sorting through things yesterday, I found an old Christmas card.  It was my Grandmother Burgus' card sent in 1928.  I have a counsin who gave great info about who it was sent to.

My Grandmother had parents who were on her father's side, Turner, and on her mother's side, Abernathy. The mother of my grandmother had ten brothers and sisters.   She was a true Britt in every sense of the word.  Her Uncle on her mother's side was Henry Abernathy.

Even though this is family history, I thought it quite creative to put in my creative zone.

My computer screen went down again and I am limping along with a  side screen that comes up  in bad colors.  I don't know if I will continue to stay on schedule or take a rest until my new computer comes. If I order it today, I can see it in two to three days. We will see, as they say, what happens.  You will see me when I figure out all the details. 

Thanks for stopping by............

As a footnote, my screen looks orange and gray, and if I sit at it long enough I see blue when I look up.  My eyes are seeing the compliment color and tinting everything around me. 

5 comments:

The Retired One said...

its okay...we will check when you are back on line...
me? I'm in Florida and I prepublished when I knew I was going to be gone..so I may be off schedule too, depending when my daughter decides to have our newest grandchild. ha

Rosaria Williams said...

Hope your computer gets straightened out. I hate when that happens.

Valerie said...

It's great that you still have that Christmas card. 1928 is such a long time ago.
You'll have a lot to do so don't worry about blogging. We'll still be here when you get back. Technology, huh? Love it or hate it!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a neat old letter. I love that it has that pretty old handwriting on the envelope.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get your computer situation solved..frustrating:(