Monday, August 16, 2010

Buds and blooms........


My new mandevilla plant is blooming and I still don't have it transplanted into a larger container.  Maybe today when I get a trellis made for it. The wild rose and the wild hops vines are trying to claim it as their own.


My neighbor gave me a hibiscus plant last year and it did survive.  I caught a bud the other day but it closed up before I got out to take a photo.  The rain is hard on the open blooms and spoils them quickly.


The hearty geranium continues to put out wonderful simple blooms.

I have a lot of mowing to do again today as the rains have kept the grass growing with leaps and bounds.  It cooled down Sunday to 78 with a lot less humidity.  It felt cool compared to what we have been experiencing.  Thanks for stopping by......

3 comments:

Paul C said...

We, too, like the mandevilla both white and the exotic smaller red. Great shots.

The Retired One said...

Wow..I have hardly any color left in my garden now..it seems it has closed off and said its ready for autumn already!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Mandevilla looks beautiful! At first I thought it might be a red Morning Glory:)