Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday


I had not seen this guy most of the summer as the red twig had grown so large that he was covered with leaves.  I recently trimmed it back and stood him back up and he now is visible with mums starting to bloom all a round him.


My river birch tree is really showing off with it's yellow color.  The bark is always neat to view after the leaves are all gone. I trim this tree around the bottom of it to keep from having to walk into it's branches, they hitting me in the face and it just doesn't help.  If I trim, the next level of branches, the ones that are above them start to hang down then.  I guess it just spreads out downward no matter how much it is trimmed.



My zinnia's are being mighty warriors as the wind and the bugs continue to attack them.  They seem to decay gracefully and somewhat in a nice sort of way.  I will need to pick seed soon before the next big rain washes them off.

Friday is here and I am in the classroom today.  It is their homecoming week and tonight is the big game.  The middle school is a little crazy with all the festivities but maybe that the parade was yesterday and the day is suppose to be pretty quiet all day except for the pep rally at the end of the day, that they may be too tired to be bad.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Lovely photos Larry. After all these years I like to think of your garden as a familiar place I have frequently walked around in all seasons of the year.

Anonymous said...

Those mums are a lovely color. Your tree is so nice. John heard that we will only have a high of 59 on Sat. - quite a change for us!
Hope teaching goes smoothly today. Enjoy the weekend.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Larry, bet you are sure glad the weekend has come around with all the activities at schook - ah homecoming, I do remember those days, so long ago it seems. Have a great weekend. YOur colors are lovely and so fall-like, little of which we are seeing here.