Friday, July 27, 2012

Plastic Swans Are Me........


My poinsettia survived all winter in the house and I placed it in the cheap plastic planter just to see if it would survive outside.  I have place it in the shade to keep it out of the heat. The planter actually doesn't allow the soil to dry out very quickly. The two are meant for each other.

I know that there are directions out there that tell one how to put them in the dark in a room during the winter and it can start putting out read leaves.  I don't know if I will have the energy for that but I bet I can keep it alive for quite some time.  The older they get the taller the plant becomes as I have seen them outside planted under trees and their height was three or four feet tall.

We had a rain.  It was just over a half of inch and we had a lot of wind with it.  It was welcomed and I know that it didn't help that much but it was better than nothing.  I watered my viburnum bush last night as it looks bad.  The light rain made the leaves on the end of each branch to green up again.

Friday is here and I only work four hours today.  I worked overtime two times this week so I only have four hours to work on Friday.  It will be good to get off early.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poinsettia looks very good.
Hope your viburnum perks up. I noticed our hydrangea that was moved in spring is not looking good. We have not had rain this week. Wishing you a good Friday and a nice weekend.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

That's cute having the poinsettia in a swan.
We have a large poinsettia where I work. I've been designated as the plant caretaker there. We just enjoy it as a green houseplant.