Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yellow Squash, it is not...........


I knew that the leaf shape on this one plant was different than my yellow squash seeds that I had planted.  I don't have a clue as to how that seed was in with the yellow squash.




It is zucchini and we will enjoy it.  In fact the yellow squash keeps putting out blooms and then they die in the heat.



I bought a new tray to lay on my grill in which to cook vegetables.  I can put chunks of zucchini and tomatoes on here for grilling.  I think that carrots and potatoes and onion chunks would be good.  The tray was sold in a kitchen shop next to the place where we were waiting for my glasses.  It was placed in a great sale.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you are harvesting some zucchini. That's a shame about the yellow squash blossoms. I love the new grilling tray. Do you marinate your vegetables in anything?

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I have the same issue with my acorn squash. It turned out to be a spaghetti squash. How did that happen. You'll like that grill tray. I use ours for veggies all the time. No more skewers here.

Anonymous said...

August 8 is National Zucchini Day or "Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbors' Porch Day." Due to overzealous planting of zucchini, citizens are asked to drop off baskets of the squash on neighbors' doorsteps.