Monday, September 8, 2014

The First Day..........


It is a larger than life photo but it is nice to see a closeup view.  It is a tough rose that keeps putting out two blooms at a time.  I think this is the third set of blooms for this season and I am sure it is its last.






Our sky looks more like a fall sky as we look out toward the cornfield.  The grass is so green and we really need to mow more than once a week.  I was going to mow this morning but radar shows me that I am going to get rained out this morning.  If I could get a couple of patches done that would help with the job when I finish another day.












The cornfield gives the impression that it is still pretty green but it is deceiving.














A closer side view shows that the corn is starting to fire, die down, and that it will be all dried out in another couple of weeks.  This field was one of the ones that was planted early and it is ready to be picked.














I shared a similar photo of this unusual sunflower on my Photo a Day blog.  I had a package of seed that was filled with a variety of decorative types of sunflowers.  This one was a complete surprise for me when it opened up completely as I didn't know the type existed.  It really was like a giant pom pom  when it first opened.  I see that the center is going to put out some seed. I was frustrated with that packet of seed so I went back to the store to buy the mammoth sunflowers.  I am really glad that I have both kinds.







The larger sunflowers are really filling in with the seeds.  The weight of them really does make the stem bend down from the load of seeds.










The morning glories still struggle to keep one or two blooms coming each day.  The blue one hasn't bloomed for many days now.  I see all sorts of buds on the vine and I hope they can keep coming.  I do know we will be warming up again for the week to make them happier.   I will go out and try to mow some this morning.  I don't want it to rain me out but I will do what I can.  I didn't have to sub today and I am glad.  I originally was scheduled to so so and there was a teacher error that reported to be gone on the wrong date.  Mondays are good days to stay home.  I will be at school for a half day tomorrow.  We had a good weekend and I hope our week as well as yours goes well.  Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

There is supposed to be a "fluffy" tall Sunflower out there called Teddy Bear...perhaps that is the one you have. Your birds will enjoy the seeds from your other one! :)

Anonymous said...

You have really had the rain. That would make mowing very difficult.
John's battery weed eater "burned up" and a neighbor was kind enough to finish trimming for us.
I certainly love your sunflowers.
Glad to read that you two enjoyed the weekend.