Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Second Day of the Week.....


A couple of the five baby squirrels seem to have found their own feeding station. They don't have a lot of fear of humans and a small white dog.  They do have enough sense to run when a border collie hits the back yard.  The whole neighborhood is busy with these little guys out and about finding food and exploring.


The roses continue to bloom at the back of the garden shed.  It is the best blooming session that I have had from these plants for quite some time.




It is the last iris blooming.  They seem to be a tough iris as it survives and revives each year regardless of the weather.  The lilies will start blooming and my iris and peony glut of photos will be over.  I will miss them but will spend time moving more iris and planning for their flowers next spring.












I share a different shot of this rose on my Photo a Day blog.  It is an unusual one in color and yet is so great to see.  It will start to fade soon.  There are more buds ready to bloom as the season continues.






















I grew it from seed and when it finally hits the out of doors conditions they take off growing. They like the sun warming the soil and the roots grow quickly.  I have a few tomato plants that need to be staked yet. I don't have any blooms on any of the plants but you will be the first to see them when there are some.

We are going to get a lot warmer today than what we are use to here in Iowa.  The weather people say it is above normal temperatures but it seems to me that it is just normal Iowa weather.  We are use to hot weather with lots of humidity so our corn and soybeans can grow well.

Thank you for stopping by today. Everyone do take care out there.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

You will have so many tomato's this year, get the canning jars out.
Sad to see the iris and peonies go.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those roses are beauties. I trimmed mine back the other day, I should take cuttings soon. The winter was hard on them. Really hot up here today 91 F...no fun:(

Linda said...

There is nothing better than fresh garden tomatoes! Lovely photos once again, and the squirrel is adorable. :)