Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Confused Directions......


I immediately got lost in Israel when it came to directions.  The roads in the county are based on very old trails and there are not any north/south and east/west roads. In the cities the streets follow curves of the houses that are built around the hills as they wrap around the terrain.

The photo shown here is the sun coming up in the east of course but I was confused. The water that was in the opposite direction was the Mediterranean sea, which I thought was west of us.  I didn't remember that I had things confused until I saw this photo with the sun in it. It makes sense that all the balconies faced the water.



We walked out to see the water and took the shot of the sea with the sun lighting up the clouds. Netanya was our first Hotel on our tour and I do think I have my memory banks switched for it.

The next hotel we visited also had the water of the Dead Sea and we were on the west side of the bank of that water.







My wife made her pie this morning and I played with the leftover dough making a crisp. She makes great crust so I make great crisps.










My wife's mince meat pie is looking good in the oven. We will have a Thanksgiving meal at home this year with lots of the traditional kinds of food.









We just finished have a serious conversation with our grand daughter and her dad this afternoon.  She was busy siting in a jumping kind of toy with all the toys springing back and forth. She also showed us how she could jump up and down in her toy. She has two teeth now and is six months old.

We were sharing with our son how the organization of our photos is going slow. Our tour was packed tight with so many things to visit. We are working on our actual daily tour by figuring out the sequence of our photos on four different devices.  Our very first day we now have figured out the whol day.  It was a long day and we ended up at a hotel on the Sea of Galilee. It was dark and we had to go outdoors to find our motel like rooms.  We ate late at the hotel and wandered back in the dark to again find our room.  The next morning we saw wild green parrots having fights over a fig or date tree.  I never got a chance to get a photo but it was neat to see them in the wild.

To show the City of David area where the houses, business buildings all wrap around the hills. The streets actually shot diagonally back and forth and sometimes they just took strange turns. By bus, it would take a while to get from point A to Point B even though the distance was not so great but the roads were so mixed together.

Thanksgiving day is soon upon us.  I hope all will have a great day whether you travel or stay home. Thanks for stopping by today.


 A feral cat sitting around next to the light and watching a hundred children all waiting for a tour.  The cats are wandering around in many areas of the city.




2 comments:

Rose said...

Your granddaughter is adorable. I would have been so turned around, even if the streets did not meander every which way.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Ella is growing up so fast! :)