Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday.....


 


 Our house is only 17 years old but the sounds at night let you thing it is expanding and contracting from new wood. I can hear sounds from the poorly design heat system as the metal linings shift around in the heat and cold exchanges. There always seems to be bumps in the night as something decides to fall over on the tool bench or a broom succumbs to gravity.  I was downstairs yesterday and found this guy toppled over. I don't know if he fell from the dresser or table but he did take a tumble.  

I am not certain why he is down but I think the bigger nutcracker looks suspicious. Today we have strong winds and things on the downstairs patio are  making noises as they are being shoved around.


The birds have been busy and they have cleaned out my feeders. It is a vert windy day but maybe this afternoon I will venture out to fill them. I am going to add a trap on the deck for those birds that don't like the tray feeder. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I wish you all a great Sunday.

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hi Larry, finally able to comment from my cell phone.
Our house creaks and groans all the time, like you said it's expanding and contracting, especially in the colder months.
Naughty nutcracker, does look like he's guilty...lol.
Hope you are feeling better.
Jo

Laurel Wood said...

My home has a breezeway between the back door and the carport and the wind makes a swishing sound thru there. My cat Bleu is forever pushing things to the floor with her nose!!! Lol

The Great Ethan Allen said...

The Two Nutcrackers were fighting when no one was looking! And only stopped after you turned the lights on. Those Toys aren't fooling anyone! I watched Toystory. Cool pic of the moon. It was certainly bright last night. I took a picture a few days ago, but it still turns out blurry.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nutcrackers are always suspicious!

Far Side of Fifty said...

For sure the big Nut is fighting the little nut! Stay safe!!