Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Middle of the Week.....


 Early morning shot of the sunrise. The sun is blocked out by the dark clouds leftover for rain storms in some parts of our state. 


Yesterday certain parts of the state did get rain.  Some places three was hail. We had a minimal amount of moisture but we did get a little. 


Our grocery store has a nursery in the parking lot.  They were trying to close out everything to get it closed by the end of the week. My forty dollar rose cost me ten bucks. I haven't planted it yet but it was sure outgrowing its container. 


I was able to get some salvia at the sale.  It was a whole try of plants for fifty cents. I ended up planting them with my tulip bulb tool to make the holes and got all 28 of them in the ground this morning. I have never bought this kind of flower before but I should work out good. 


Two rows of zinnias is all that I have. I had new seed and only one packet of them germinated. I thinned out the one row and transplanted the extras to make the second row.  I had to dodge my lawn mowing person this morning as I worked out there. He texted me to see if I wanted it to be mowed. It had been three weeks and it was really shaggy so I said to come and mow. 


While grilling on the deck last night I put out some fresh seed at the bird feeder. The birds were so grateful.  The pair of doves did show up for free food.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Beautiful sky photo. That rose bush is awesome. My grandma loved salvia. It is nice to see the doves feeding.
I am glad the guy cut your grass. Our next door neighbor is late cutting our grass and we look shaggy too!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice crepuscular rays in that first photo. And I like those veggie boxes.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I really liked the sunrise photo and the clouds. You did get some bargains at the close-out sale and now starts the work.