Thursday, August 24, 2023

Another Record Breaking Temp Day...


 

A glass of water is ready in case the water runs out on the vase of zinnias.  The zinnias in the patch are taking a hit with the high heat. We cooled down to 79°F. and will be up to 100°F. I have poured water on the patch but you can't save things in the hot, humid climate that has been in a drought all summer. 

 

 


The fish are all good with clean water.  I finished cleaning the largerst tank today and I am in the middle of carrying water to it to fill up its 20 gallons. 



It is overwhelming to be outside.  As I cleaned up the large tank at the steps the neighbor lady stopped to have a chat.  I was her 81 birthday and she also saw another fox this morning out in our front yard. I have yet to see any of them but she said this one looked healthier than the last one she had seen.  Her husband is a hunter so I am interested to see what he does.  The foxes are taking out our rabbits so he may not bother them. It was so hot while she talked with me and she then conclude the conversation and I went inside to get some cooling down.  I returned to wash gravel and I am now not going outside again.  Our heat index is like 112° F. It is suppose to cool down tomorrow reaching only 94° F. 



 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay cool, the humidity is awful. Like an oven:(

Val Ewing said...

Foxes are pretty cool to have around. We had them for a few years in one of our sheds and they didn't mind our coon hounds. They did prey on rabbits and some chickens that a neighbor had 1/4 mile away, but they never caused any other issues.
I loved seeing them.

I read an interesting article regarding 'corn sweat' and the increase in humidity! Interesting stuff! Corn and soy beans give off moisture on these hot days to add to the humidity! I didn't know that!