Saturday, February 17, 2024

A Fish Story.....


 

My Siamese fighting fish likes to play hide and seek. I can start to fede the community tank of guppies and this one fish.  He won't be visible and I figure he must have died. I turn and look elsewhere and look back to see him feeding.  They tend to find pockets in foliage or around the filtering system and one can't see him. 



This particular fish doesn't seem to want to eat the baby guppies. I guess if I keep him filled with blood worms and dry fish food he won't devour them.  There are a couple of female guppies in there with him and the baby guppies keep being birthed. I might also mention that the colors that most people like to  buy are the bright red or bright blue males.  I was  especially impressed with all of its fins and it is a nice gray blue color. 




Plastic or the real thing, can you tell which is which? I bought the plant a year or so ago and it is doing well in my tans. When I moved it next to the brighter green one I realized that the plastic one was made to resemble the real plant. 

We got up in the morning to 9° F   It is cold but the sun makes it more tolerable. We were out in it this morning for pancakes and  we got along fine. We are up to 16° F. now.  It is Saturday and I am just hanging around today.  I need to get some projects going but that isn't happening.  Maybe Monday I can decide on the next project.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Beautiful fish. I've never had a fish tank though I imagine it would be so nice to just gaze at your Siamese fighting fish. I do love watching them.

No I cannot tell the difference between the real plants and the plastic ones!
I've been told that using some fish tank plants in a diorama will result in realistic looking plants!