Monday, August 10, 2026

Project Day


 



I worked in the garden again this morning clearing out an iris bed. They will be replanted in the same space but there will be grass totally removed and the growing space will be doubled. I have a set of five re-blooming iris ready to be planted but noting goes into the ground until all grass has been cleared. I will clear and apply new bags of soil from the hardware to fortify the clay soil that is there. It will grow in clay but I would like the black dirt to be the higher concentration of growing material. 

I worked in the high humidity and high temps until I could not stand it anymore. I cleared old iris, placed my landscape planks in position and cleaned and clipped the iris. I sat down in the shade with two buckets of water to clean and trim everything. I am going to leave them lay there until things are ready to go. I did find one rhizome that had grubs working on it so I will get out my grub granules for that for the rest of the iris all over the garden.  The planks are not  completely buried in place but they seem to be pretty right in and ready to go. 

Thanks for stopping b y today.  

No comments: