Saturday, August 8, 2026

Saturday's Stuff


 
 

The morning glories are living on the sunflower stalks. I keep pulling some of them. I cut back leaves of the sunflowers to keep them from shading my four tomato plants and I definitely yank the morning glories away from the tomatoes. I think the tomatoes are slow in ripening this year but I probably didn't get them in the ground early enough. 

 

My hardy geranium isn't hardy. I did see the humming birds eating from it when it was downstairs so I brought it up and put it on the bench. I think it reminds me of a bonsai that was intentionally grown that way. I am hoping water and hot sun will revive it. I am hoping to get shots of the hummers workining the red flowers. 


 I have the count of four at once trying to fight to be at the feeders.  I like that they can learn to get along somewhat.


 


I worked in the yard today with a pretty mild temperature. The problem was the sun was so hot and I had to keep taking breaks. I am developing a new flower bed that will be made to encourage flowers and not weeds. I am developing the project as I go and will need to go buy dirt on Monday. I have five new iris to plant and I want to do it so only the iris grow and the plastic and rocks keep everything else out of there.  I will show visuals as it looks a little bit more presentable. It is more work that I imagined. 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your geranium needs a haircut! It may be done for....time will tell:(