Monday, May 17, 2010

Iris


This cream and yellow iris is an old fashion iris that you see growing in old cemeteries.  I lost some of my collection but still have three different ones.


This a second iris of my cemetery iris.  They are small but they are tough. I like the color of this one.  It is the first time it has bloomed in this location. I was pleasantly surprised to see it as I had forgotten I had put it there.  I have a white and blue one yet to bloom and I need to collect another one that will replace the yellow and brown one that I lost to rot.


This is an older iris, but I don't classify it as an antique one.  I brought it from my mom's property and it is a very deep blue, blue-violet.  It is not large like my neighbor's large hybrid iris.

It cooled off a little today again but it isn't too uncomfortable.  The furnace has to run in the morning to take off the chill and when the sun gets up, it warms up pretty fast.  It is Monday and I am not sure what thing we will do today.  We have many things on the list that have to be finished.  I have a bear print to frame that I forgot that I had in the shop.  The lady called and said she liked all the framing I had done for her, but where was her bear.   It was still rolled up tightly right where I put it when she dropped it off for me to do. 
Thanks for stopping in and checking on me...............

4 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I never realised that there were so many different varieties and so many different eras of iris. As always, quite fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blooms today Larry. I also love Button's coffee mug on your sidebar. Hope all goes well today.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Oh it's such a wonderful time when the Iris are in bloom, I think it's akin to the blooming of the Bluebells in England.
Yours are simple lovely, especialy the purple my favorite :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Larry, Beautiful Iris..do you realize how far along your photography has come in the last year..you are doing great with that camera:)