Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Red, White and Blue Monday......


I guess this is suppose to be a holiday Monday and I have been too slow to figure it all out.  Because the fourth was on Sunday, they had parades on Saturday the third.  They had fireworks last night but not really as they rained out and fireworks tonight will be rained out again.

I guess the government is shut down today and banks and some places will be closed. The freeways are not crowded so I guess the business world gave people the day off.  Oh well, old retired people like me will just go on with their lives.  Painting on the mural and planning to go make purchases for the framing business. Overcast, humid, hot and partly rainy for the day, so most things I will do will be inside.  I have two yards waiting for me. If you are having a nonholiday day today,  have a restful one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I have no clue what day it is and we just go on with our normal routine!!! Holidays do that to us too. Wishing you both a good day and success with the mural.

Sunny said...

I love your patriotic Petunias.
It's a hot and humid day here, some places are open, some are not.
Enjoy your day.
☼ Sunny

Alan Burnett said...

In the circumstances I am not sure whether I should say "have a good holiday" ... but I will anyway.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

the petunias are lovely! very patriotic.
It is very hot here too, breezy and the humidity will arrive tomorrow. We do need rain.
Thank God for air conditioning :-D and sunny windows


bonks

Unknown said...

It's a non-holiday day around here. I baked zucchini bread this morning, cleaned house and did laundry, then I mowed this afternoon. Jack is spraying weeds and hauling water to our son-in-law who is spraying crops. No rain here....yet. We celebrated with a family cookout and fireworks yesterday.

OiseauBird said...

Very perfect color for the petunias during Fourth July Celebration
same colors that Americains'flag
blue, white, red
also for French's flag colors
bye bye

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very Patriotic!! Yes I looked for the mail today..guess the postal workers have the day off too. Your new header is beautiful ..that Monarda is stunning!! :)