Saturday, July 2, 2011

My front yard.........and beyond.


When I returned this morning from the landfill I noticed the sun was illuminating the creeping bluebells.  The purple and yellow are a wonderful show with the dark greens all around.


While I was driving to the landfill I took photos of what is going on in the farming communities.  This field of hay was raked into windrows and will be baled up soon.


Some fields of corn looked good but the continued large rains haven't really made normal growth of the crops.  In fact some of the fields have corn plants at various heights.  The last few days will probably help the corn to even up and the yellow spots from the standing water will green up also.  The plant shown in the foreground is snakegrass which puts out a stem material that you can pop apart into pieces.

Thanks for stopping by........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sun on the bluebells is very nice. Hopefully, you made the trip to the landfill before the heat got too terrible.

My sister and I were talking by phone and I told her how much John and I miss eating corn (since John has diabetes). She joked and said in Indiana where she lives, it is against the law to NOT eat corn!!!

♥AMBre said...

Thanks for sharing, Larry !

Debbie Lo said...

Nice photos. The bluebells are lovely! Sure hope your rain levels even out soon so that the crops can get 100% healthy.

Stay cool this weekend!