Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday's Stuff........


Cat tracks of the neighbor cat that comes over for food.  Some days he is starving and will eat dry food quickly.  On other days he has had some food and would like to be treated to some soft cat food. There is a very large grey tabby cat that comes only in the late evening as he seems to be too scared of people.


We did not lose much snow with our unusual warm up to 31 degrees. In fact the south breeze that helped warm us blew over the snow and made a cold windchill.


The Japanese Yew creates great pattern and shapes when it collects the snow on its branches.  I like how this shrub stays such a dark green all winter.

 
This is a hand painted ornament that my wife received over the holidays.  It actually looks like a 
Victorian pattern of old.  I use to try to buy things Victorian for her but it is not easy to find that style anymore.

The weather is going to turn to the worse very soon.  The Arctic air is headed our way and by this afternoon we will drop into the deep freeze.  It was a freak thing for us to warm up so much in the middle of this but the southern winds caused it.  By tomorrow morning we should have the windchills that Minnesota has been having.  I am anticipating our Sunday School class to be canceled so we won't venture out.  We will wait to see if we get a call about it.  If it is on, I already filled the tank with gas.   

We made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to get some framing supplies and stopped by Walmart to get food for a few days.  We already had enough but it doesn't hurt to bulk up the pantry.  Dog supplies are good and birds are all good with their supplies.  If it stays this cold I will finish up my neverending walnut frame job.
I will close this down for now as I have run into the afternoon now before posting it.  We are               feeling the effects of the flu shots today so we will be taking it easy.  I can already feel the wind change here in our living room so I will spend the day watching PBS and also the thermometer.  Thanks for stopping  by my post today.  Keep safe out there.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope the weather the next few days isn't too terrible!

Ela said...

Beautiful winter garden.
Greetings