Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stay calm, buy a new maker.....


My old coffeemaker didn't pump water anymore.  That is what I get for cleaning it out with a vinegar and water solution.  We have a wonderful new city water plant but a few years later we still have heavy minerals in our water.  We use a water filter pitcher so that it will a least taste better. But after cleaning the old maker, I had to buy another one.  In fact yesterday I heated water in a pan and poured it through the filter coffee basket so we could have morning coffee.


I can't see paying for a clock and fancy timers when I don't use them. A few machines back I thought I was getting a special machine with all the buttons and I found them to be not useful for me.  So I found the next step up coffee maker from the bottom brand.  I drew the line at a ten dollar machine where I would have to do battle with basket every time I made coffee.

So once I got the model picked out I then had to make a decision which color, black or white, did  I want. I don't really care but I guess I had a black one a few makers back and it didn't stain like the white one did. 

I think my red fiesta looking mug looks better with the black one anyway.  It makes coffee quietly and the basket is good to take in and out.  I think the coffee tastes better but it probably does not. 

We are thawing today.  It isn't a fast thaw but at least is it melting some.  I am going to go shovel some walks while it is warmer.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think like I do. We bought one w/o all the bells and whistles...we never use that stuff! I like having the filter too. Your cup really is nice. I enjoyed all the colorful mugs at the pottery recently. It would be hard to choose just one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We have one of those Kureig like things. It works great! I can make hot chocolate or Apple Cider in it too:)

Linda said...

I think your mug suits this new one as well, Larry. Hope it provides many pots of coffee for you for many years to come.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The only bells and whistles we have on our coffee maker, which is not an expensive one, is an auto timer. We like having the coffee ready and waiting when we wake up. Usually it's waiting awhile since we don't go downstairs and get a cup when it's done, but we do enjoy a cup while sitting in bed every morning without fail.