Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday's Shots.....


It is a blurry beauty.  I didn't notice that it was not in focus until I started the blog.  I am not sure if this flower is declining or if it is just starting to open.  I will keep and eye on it and take a clear shot of it next time.  I will give myself a second chance.





The fish were enjoying the food I put into the tank.  They have a floating apple in the water.  It looks partially eaten but I think maybe a squirrel dropped it into the water from the tree above it.












My two fish look like whales compared to the smaller fish.  They do grow faster when they are out in the pond. The fish should have a lot of mosquito larvae to eat as those insects are clinging to every human that goes outside.











The  field lilies are all on the ground now.  They have shut down and by early fall they will have died out completely.  Every season is different and this plant usually doesn't die out this soon.













The corn dies out from the root and travels up the corn stalk as it shuts down.  You can see in this photo that the corn is turning more yellow and it won't be long for the husks to die off.









I have decided to start picking bags of these and giving them away.  Most of the people I will offer them to won't really be able to come over and pick them so I will drop them off at their door.

We made a quick apple cobbler tonight and tasted just a little of it after supper.  Before we go to bed we will have another batch and will be putting pecan ice cream on top of the heated dessert.  The apples are good tasting ones.  I don't know their varieties.

















The month is going by quickly and fall does seem to be approaching quickly.  We had another thunderstorm last  night and we won't be going into winter with low soil moisture.

I hope all will have a good day today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

David - Pinewood Cottage said...

The blurry zinnia is beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your apple cobbler sounds great! :)