Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday Morning’s Report>>>>>



I planted my new coneflower this morning.  I believe it is named “Cheyenne Summer”.   It is a nice color for the front garden bed. The whole plant went in the ground easily and it should do well there. I  have three other colors of coneflowers

I also planted my three new phlox in the garden. the first two went in easily but the last one was in area where there was a lot of clay.  I really did need a pick ax to get the ground opened.  Once I scraped it out with the spade, I found some better topsoil in another area to put in amongst the roots of the new phlox. I know that plant roots can help break up the soil but this clay was like an area where the big machinery must have shifted and packed it down.  It will be nice to get all these perennials established in this cottage garden.


I have a new flag replacing the old faded one.  It also had a tear in it which didn’t make any sense to me as t how that would happen. The colors on this plastic flag are so bright and clear.   It is bigger than the older one but it seems to look like it fits there in that spot.

The second day with another bloom from the volunteer morning glory. There were actually two blooms today and maybe tomorrow there will be more.

It rained early this morning with lightning and thunder.  Barney was bothered but couldn’t get me to build him a car to hide him. We did get two tenths of an inch of rain. It was welcomed and every one in Iowa, I am sure, probably said ti wasn’t enough.  It did change the color of our yards just a little.

Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh that yellow Coneflower is so pretty! All your flowers look great...that Morning Glory is beautiful!