Saturday, August 11, 2018

Sunny Days.....


The cheyenne spirit coneflower is a great addition to our front flower garden. I like the color and it does look natural even though the garden would create it through genetics.

This day lily is putting out its last bloom. The spent blooms from the past couple of days look like buds but they not. It was a successful location for this planting and it will be back next spring.

Across the street I can what the seasons of changing leaves of the clump birch.  I don’t think it is a river birch but I don’t know that much about them. The development is 15 years old now so that probably is the age of this tree.
The house directly across the street is sitting on a triangular lot.  It is the leftovers from the turn in the street going up the hill in at angle. At the very point of the triangular lot is this weeping willow. I am familiar with the tree in a lot of farmer’s yards. I don’t see them up in this area anywhere but this one is very close.  It is a beautiful kind of tree but I can see that most people would plant it as a novelty specimen tree.

It is down.  We didn’t dislike it on our garage gable.  It just was not our statement.  The former owners placed it there to follow the happenings of people placing them on their barns and houses.  The wife of former owners had a lot of things hanging in the house with quilt themes when we first toured their home.

I own a lot of antique quilts but it did have to go away.  I brought my extension ladder down from the old place and put it to use. My wife came out to watch me fall as I extended the ladder a good fifteen feet so I could reach it. We are thinking we will replace it with a gable vent as soon as we can find one large enough. It will be nonfunctioning and purely decorative. I should find someone who owns a barn who would like it to be displayed this design.

We are back into our normal summer heat.  Everyday for forever it is going to be very hot.  I will water everything this morning.  Thanks for stopping by.  Everyone have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The flowers are lovely, Larry, and I agree with your decision to remove the decoration, and surprised that the former owners didn't take it with them as they were into quilting and such. Perhaps they too had grown tired of it :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet the former owners were sad to leave that treasure behind! I have one I have been painting, I need to finish it and get it up. Your flowers are pretty! Stay cool:)