Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday’s Things....


Dipping down into the tray, filling himself up with seed, he has visited here often.  The cold weather doesn’t really stop the squirrel.  Excess snow seems so slow it down but he likes his seed out in the open and not covered with snow.

The junco likes open seed too but they do like to dig in the snow for a buried containers of food.  I have a skillet with seed in it on the patio table.  The snow is about eight inches deep there and they keep shoveling with the shifting of their feet to get down to that seed on the table top. They are funny when they get down so low in the snow that you can see their heads bobbing up and down.

My seed supply is getting low again.  We are headed to the bank today which conveniently sits right next door to Krispy Kreme donuts.  Then we will end up at Wally Mart for browsing. It will be 8 degrees F. out there and that is very cold.  It helps to plan for close parking and also dodging the iced areas.

Our interstate highway I-35 was opened southbound at noon yesterday and northbound was opened around five o’clock. The trucks parked in the lot next to ISU basketball stadium needed to be emptied of trucks so the game could be held that evening.  The later time opening of the northbound lane was dependent also on Minnesota having the ability to let them move on their portion of the highway.  Cars and trucks were abandonedall up and down both parts of the interstate all the way up to the cities.


The Christmas angels were boxed and carried to the storeroom yesterday.  This allowed the ceramic pieces to be brought out and displayed.  That meaning also that the ceramic birds are back out of storage again.  We were late getting the angels down but we did get it done. I  couldn’t find the main boxes for the two largest Jim Shore pieces.  I will take the year to find where they were placed behind something in the storeroom.

I have come to the conclusion that this tray feeder is not going to help to bring in the cardinals and bluejays.  My blue spruce does shelter a lot of birds but nothing like I had with the larger silver maples at the old place. I have decided to let my red twig shrubs stay large when the recover from my timing them back. I have one new tree planted and maybe in a few years I can get more tree spaces for my birds.



Another winter day and maybe another day closer to spring.  I hope all of you out there are staying safe and warm.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Snowing again here today. I heard that the southern half of Minnesnoda was in bad shape. There was plenty of warning with the blizzard why didn't people stay home...just heard that people are still stranded on Lake of the woods and Millacs Lake Has a group with a 4 month old baby in a fishing shack someplace...idiots.

Laurel Wood said...

So very scary about your weather/roads. I love seeing your ceramic pieces displayed. I hope you find the boxes for your two angels. I enjoyed your photos.