Saturday, September 21, 2019

Sat’s Stuff.......


I did see an admiral butterfly yesterday but didn’t get a shot of it.  I have dozens of painted ladies like this one.  They do seem friendly and don’t mind having a guy taking photos.

My two colored zinnia is still hanging around. The whole lot of the zinnias are really starting to dry up. We are getting plenty of rain so they are just finishing off on their blooming season.

While crossing the bridge yesterday I did see the pelicans are still around. They were too far north on the lake that they just looked like a field of snow.   I maybe shared this shot before but can you see the dragonfly in the photo. The lake is being taken down lower just to be sure there will not be flooding in the future.  The Missouri River is back up to flood stage right now, closing down I-29 along the western border of Iowa.  The rains up in Dakotas and Minnesota  are flowing down and spreading throughout the bluffs valley.




I trimmed back all of my mums in July except for this one batch.  So the batch here is now in full bloom.

My wife has just informed me that my spellcheck and my brain isn’t working very well.  My last two posts have been badly written with exchanged words that screw up the meanings of my sentences. I don’t think that I have had any health condition to  cause it but I do think that I was really putting out lots of mistakes. I won’t give excuses  but I guess I need to write less and do it with my own self proofreading before I post.

It is Saturday and we will be off to the bookstore.  It looks rainy but I think it is more like heavy humidity and lots to clouds. I don’t think we are to get any rain. Thanks for stopping by today.



"

3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Larry, we all make typo mistakes in blog posting and even in replying to comments. Most times, I see them after it has posted. The zinnias are really hanging in and nice to still see them blooming. We are having very warm late Sept temps here in Nashua, NH and I hope that cooler weather, but not too cold, comes soon.

Rose said...

Love that first shot...and yes, we all made mistakes. Some of mine are horrible. It is usually when I get in a hurry or at the end of tiring day...sometimes I catch them after they are posted....sometimes I catch them months or years later. LOL

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ack we all make spelling and grammar errors...we know what you mean. The Mums are awesome but that first photo of the Butterfly and Zinnia is just stunning! The Zinnia looks like Glass:)