Sunday, October 13, 2019

Past Photos....and Descriptions.


My earliest of photos from our visits to Grand Marais, Minnesota is one of the junk yard northwest of town.  I doubt that it is even there anymore. The visit was in late July and the wildflowers and the character of the cars drew me in for a photo.


I use to put up headers once in a while with the title printed on them.  When blogspot and google photos became friends I lost the ability to easily do it.  I stopped and never put out the effort to put up headers with identifications.


Old things are still of interest for me to photograph. I took a lot of photos of these albums and share the photos in them on another one of my blogs. That blog continues but I have lost my way to being able to post on the blog of past times themes.



My nephew was so young in this photo showing a family group of my grandfather and his 12 brothers and sister. The framed photo was lent to my father and I never got a good shot of it. Today probably 20 years later, and the aunt who owned it a died, The girl cousin lives in Colorado and I know she has it. I have now a clear good shot of the same picture shipped out on the internet.One of my oldest cousins got it from one of the third generation kids of one of the sisters of my grandpa.

The nephew spent time in the minor leagues of baseball, being a pitcher.  He is a grown man now, married with two kids, living in Oregon or Washington.  I saw a photo of him on his business page on the net and I would not recognize him easily as he has changed so much.



A tangle of shots that can show the many past photos of many.  I have inherited my parents box of oldies that tell so many stories. The baby Christmas picture of Terri, a second cousin, can be dated as to be 68 years ago. It is signed "Jack, Joan, and Terri Callison. The picture of my parents sitting in a beat up rocker was taken in the old farmhouse. It had to be 1950's as the house was torn down in 1958 so a new one could be built. In two other shots are Aunt Doris and Aunt Eva. They are all gone now.



A colorful shot of Bar Harbor, Maine. Standing on Cadillac Mountain gives you this view of that city.  They will be partially shutting down now with the tourists going home. My son and his wife live north of this harbor in a neat house in the woods. They are a mile from the Atlantic Ocean.

My photos archives are so large having blogged for a long time. I didn't have photos and yet I had stories and shots today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I love old photos...there are not very many in my family....but what few there are are treasured. There are more from Roger's side...we just recently gave a lot of our daughter who has our one and only grandchild.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun trip down memory lane:)