Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday's Here....


I had to look it up again but it is a house finch female.  The pattern on the front is specific markings on the female.  I keep hanging the sokc feeder but have stopped fill the regular seed for a while.

This iris unroolls its petals out horizontially. I have three last blooms of this irie.  I hope they didn't get damage in our early morning rain.

The William Baffin rose is putting out blooms this week.  I am glad it is so hardy but I do need to spray the leaves for whatever is chewing on those leaves.

I think this is also William Baffin.  I must have moved a small about ot if from the old place.  It took it three years to establish and now boom. It has lighter red because it is out in the sunshine.

I have a cone flower  in bloom in the front yard.. I had planted it there as a temporary place but never got it replanted into the back yard. I don't want plants in front of my roses being taller than the roses.

I only wanted one yucca plant here.  I must have planted one two years ago and it didn't come up .  As the second one that I planted has done well.  It will look ok with two of them there but I could not figure out how two were now growing there. When they get bigger in a couple of years I will have to dig one out becuase it will be too crowded.

I guess sweet william is another name for this plant.  Dianthus works for it too.  I like how they have returned again to bloom.

I bought groceries this morning.  I don't know if the store will ever be normal again. I bought a higher priced steak today as they were very scarce in numbers. Hundreds of people are ordering on line now so there are store shoppers all over trying to read the list they are following. I wish you all to have a good day. Thanks for checking in today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I love the Dianthus; it's a favorite but I don't have any here. Your roses and irises are nice too. I had yucca growing at the first home I owned - it was HUGE. When I met John, before we married, I asked him to dig up and get rid of the yucca as I was always being injured by the plant! He did it but says that should have been a clue to him to run while he could!!!!! lol

Rose said...

I love all irises...and that is a love shade of red for the rose. Just what I think of when I think red roses.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Always fun to see your flowers and projects! Stay safe!