Saturday, August 29, 2020

Saturday Stuff....


 They toppled over from our strong winds. I  had not been in the area to set them back up for display.

 

I planted them too late but they did finally mature.  It is the tall marigold variety. I have never grown them before and they are just partially showing blooms.


 

I have always been fascinated with the blooms of a morning glory. I see I have one of those cheaper roses showing through in the photo.



I was out this morning cleaning up things alone the fence corner. The pussy willow has lots of branches that I have to trim back each year.  My neighbor had a 15 year old fence that was hit hard from the hurricane windows..  He had five sections of this fence knocked down. He leaned them back up and now he is having a new fence put in.  I had planted my fernleaf peony next to it and a William Baffin rose.  I spent yesterday digging them up and moving them. It is all cleared for the fence makers to do their job. 


We have had a cooler day today.  We did not get any rain from these clouds yesterday even though it did rain north of us throughout the state.  Things are what they are and I thank you for stopping by today.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I've always loved Morning Glories too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like seeing your Morning Glories! :)