Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thursday......


 We had our old shingles removed today and a new layer of shingles applied.  Did you see at first the guy standing on the edge of the roof.  They had good shoes and textured chaps on their legs so they could hang off the edges of the roof. 



There is debris all over the deck as the felt paper from the past floated down on to the deck.  It is at the end of the day and they have cleared this.



We keep getting great tasting tomatoes from the vines.  We did stop eating them for a while but we are now enjoying them again on the side of our dinner meals. 



When I went to pick a few tomatoes I did take my camera with me. I am glad that I did as the light was low and the photos were more in focus.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Awesome Morning Glory. I love the blue ones. New roof in Iowa! Iowa must be tough on shingles, because they are "supposed" to last 25 years or so...

Dolly said...

I just noticed the photo of your granddaughter in your sidebar. I can hardly believe she's nearly two already. Oh, she's so pretty too !

Those tomatoes look incredible, and this time of year, too ! I pulled mine up this week.......gone. But I made the mistake of growing Beefsteak tomatoes this year, and was disappointed with the knobby tops. I much prefer the beautiful smooth globe-type tomatoes and hope to go back to those.

That Morning Glory bloom is gorgeous.....always were my hubby's favorite, so I think of him when I see them. Thanks for the memory.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope they are making progress on the roof! Nice Morning Glory!