Thursday, October 28, 2021

Thursday's Thoughts and Things.....


 My neighbor's tree change over night to fall colors.  I had shared this scene earlier this week as a spring green view. 



Looking in the opposite direction you can also see the trees and a bush changing colors. The willow is also showing the change in color at this time.  We are having continued rains and cold temperatures.  The red maple in the middle is only a couple of years old and it has grown quickly. I was happy to see that neighbor put that tree into his back yard. 



If you can't see it the gauge says four inches.  I am going to leave it to see if I can get filled to the top before I dump it.  It is the measure of four or more days of different rains. I have another gauge that I empty regularly.  



I finished clearing the last of my tomato plants yesterday.  I got all of the stems into a recycle sack plus the greens from asparagus plants and four peony plants.  I still have peony plants in the front to be cut down and sacked but I think I will be out of bags when I start to do that.  I am tired of the rain coming down.  I am going out and pick up loose tomatoes this afternoon that have fallen into the grass while the cutting off of the plants.  It has stopped raining for the moment.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow you got a lot of rain we only got an inch.