Wednesday, March 30, 2022

A Rambling On Day.....

 

The fighting, the positioning, the bad attitudes among one another seems to the norm for the starlings.  One starling can be eating and another comes along and just shoves him off.  One could not learn good manners and citizenship when you observe them.

 


 The mini-daffodils are blooming in spite of the cold temperatures. Bulb plants always amaze me as to how little of heat that it takes to get them to shoot up and bloom. I suppose it is the light more than it is the heat.


I saw the bird coming my way and captured its shape.  I didn't know what it was until I looked at the camera screen.  The cranes travel from waster spots to other water spots around here but I don't often see them fly over like this.  Between the Lake Saylorville and the Des Moines River we have water surrounding us.  Canada geese do the same thing but my camera is rarely with me when I am seeing them or just hearing them fly over me.



In my younger days I would say not to make it all over decorated but now that I am old I can over decorate.  The second stand that is shorter is done but the visual isn't ready for today's production. I need to go downstairs and get it and photograph it and I am too lazy. 


I have added an l-brace to be used to attached it with a wood screw to the deck,on one side.  Strong winds will topple it maybe so I am not taking chances.  I added feet to this that look like the one's on my antique Stickley flower stand, squares on the bottom.

I made a run to the grocery store this morning for a lot of odd things.  I needed batteries for my blood meter and orange juice for my wife.  Found a pill sorting box for my meds which I should have had two years ago so I don't have to shift bottles back and forth all day long to open for the time of day that it is.  I take a lot of pills to be alive and well.  My heart doctor told me I was one of the healthiest looking patients that he has but don't stop taking the heart pill.  I bought a new plant and coffee beans. Anyway, the temperatures dropped while I was in the store and the wind was very cold.  I am so tired of winter in spring.

Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That birdhouse is very colorful and large, Larry, and looks nice on the stand, and I wondered if you will be leaving it on the deck or not as birds do tend to make a mess.