Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday's Mentions......


 I had five silver maple trees at my old place.  I am glad to see this one off to the southeast.  I drove through the area today and see tjat it stands in the old part of town just to the edge of the newer developments.  For years  there was a broken branch that  hung down there and the derecho did take it down. It is an old tree judging by the size of it. It is almost always in my sunrise photos.

 


 Sparrows and house finches seems to be my only kinds of birds.  I can't seem to get the house finches to hang around long enough to get their photos. 


Proof of a cardinal showing up for a few seconds this morning.  I have the shot through a screened window.  


A year ago today I posted this photo of a cardinal. I don't know why they seem so scarce but I want to blamed the neighbors who took down the very large tree over the summer.  It was just two houses over from our house. 



We have been watching the foundations being built. We didn't really know what its purpose would be but I was thinking a bike trail bridge.  This is the ad about it.  It is larger than what it looks like because trucks and John Deere trucks with equipment have to drive under it.  I can see that it really is a site for the bikers to start a trail that will end up way northwest at our old town  of Woodward,
where we use to live.  The Trestle Trail Bridge is there and this new bridge resembles a train trestle bridge also.  We will be privileged to drive under it every time we head to the eastern shopping area of our town.

At the end of the trail from our town is this High Trestle Trail Bridge that spans the Des Moines River.  It use to be a train bridge in which I use to hear the trains in our town  after they had crossed this bridge. 



My tulips bloom a week or so after the neighbor's do.  The neighbor lady told me just today that her's  bloom April 7th on her daughter's birthday.  So I can expect blooms in three weeks. I will take pictures of hers on April 7th then.

Thanks for checking in today.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

My flowers are staying hidden though I saw the tips of some iris plants poking up on the west side of the house.

Love the idea of a bike trail bridge over traffic. It looks like it will be a welcome addition!