Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Siberian Iris....


 I have to look it up each time to know that it is not a Japanese iris but it is a Siberian Iris.  I guess the Japanese iris is considered a water iris. 



I have two plantings of this that I brought from the old place and the one is in bloom.  The one that grows in full sun is not blooming yet. 



I was concerned because this iris had not bloomed yet.  It has a history of being one small rhizome collected  at the top of the hill of Murray Cemetery. I can visualize the location because of the ones that I knew who were buried there.  I planted it at the edge of our driveway at the old place.  I had planted it in two places as it spread. The cemetery iris all have the same pattern on their falls and this one has one of great contrast.   When we moved, I dug a large chunk of it to guarantee its survival.  The new owners, flippers,  have probably plowed it under by now. 

 



This iris is another one of my new purchases from last year.  This is the first time that it has bloomed. You plant them and wait and then when they bloom one is just surprised as to what it looks like. I think it was a rebloomer variety.

 


 This rose has doubled in size since I moved it out into full sun. It has many blooms on it.  It is planted among two iris and a day lily.  It is crowding out things and I may have to move some things.


I mowed my front yard yesterday morning.  My neighbor mowed at the same time so we would look more even side by side.  I will mow the back this morning once the grass gets dried.  Unfortunately the drying of the grass means it is going to be hot but I can do it.  The storms last night were short lived and I heard that we had a lot of lightening.  I did not see it as I was asleep.  I am awake this morning and I have lots oft hings to do.  Thanks for checking today.


1 comment:

Rose said...

I love the Siberian irises...