Saturday, January 20, 2024

Saturday's Stuff....



Looking out our downstairs bedroom window winter colors shine back at me.  We have that new layer of four inch snow that makes a clean smooth blanket over the back yard. It was -14°F. this morning and I could feel the cold off of the windows as I looked out.

 


 The birds are scratching in the snow to get the fallen seed from above.  I haven't filled the feeder for a couple of days and there still must be some there as they keep feeding. 



The snow buildup on the top of the feeder testifies the seventeen inches of snow in the last two storms. I had to go out this morning and dig out snow along the street so I could snow blow it out.  The mailbox needed to be accessed better. The street crew left me a buildup that kept the mailman from driving up close to the box. I had to use a heavy sand space to gouge out the packed frozen snow along the curb. The snow blower did pick it up and sent it out of the way. 


The mantle is bare as the Christmas decorations are gone. The things we display there normally are yet to be dug out from the dresser and be replaced.  The grandkids photos are usually on the mantel.  We got updated photos over the Thanksgiving break.

I am very tired of the cold and the snow.  It is winter but the warm up that is coming will be welcomed by me. we are voluntarily staying home as it is too cold to go any place even though we are close to most things.  February is usually our worse winter month but maybe that will be different this year.  My new neighbor and I stood outside in our winter warmth clothes and had a good chat.  He is from the Denver area and this winter doesn't seem to be much different for him here. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You really have the snow! That is more snow than we have. Stay warm, it is supposed to warm up!

Val Ewing said...

I had to dig out our mailboxes on the ridge too. It sure was a tough job.

All I know is that the snow is knee deep or more in places it hasn't been packed down.
That will change this week.
Stay warm!