Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Going to Maine....

There is going to be a wedding. Our son Aaron and Keegan Wardwell, will be married this Saturday. The wedding will take place on a mountain, the tallest in Acadia National Forest, where it is believed to be the first place in the United States where the sunrise is first seen. I will know the name of the mountain by Friday night and we are flying out to be there for the event.
Our son was out at the Acadia park working as an intern and that is when and where he met his future wife. They are buying a home a mile and a half from the ocean.
We will be arriving on the mountain at five am and after the ceremony we will be going out to breakfast. The kids wanted to elope so they are having an informal wedding with a few people hanging around.
In the afternoon we are going to ride on a lobster boat just like this and head out to an island where we will have a noon meal. Lobster I hope is on the menu.
This is a fall picture of the area and it will be interesting to see if the leaves are changing out there now at this time of the year. The hurricane has been causing some havoc out there as a couple of day ago people, tourist, were sucked out to sea by large waves of ocean water. They were warned but it didn't prevent some loss of life. I hope the weather will be back to normal by then. If you were getting tired of my fair pictures, just wait until I get my Maine pictures. I have never been there before so I am really looking forward to seeing the kids and also seeing the sights. We may have to buy a point and shoot camera so my wife and I both can be taking shots of our trip.

9 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Have a great weekend away and congratulations to your son and his new wife. The scenery looks stunning, I am sure you will come back with a great collection of photographs.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

How exciting and unusual ! Where do these kids come up with these ideas...lol
Just beautiful scenery, take your jacket, it will be cooler in Maine !

Anonymous said...

Hi and congratulations to yru son and his fiance. I hope you all have a nice time here in Maine!

The Mountain in Acadia is Cadillac Mountain. You might want to bring along some warm clothing, we're supposed to be getting a cold front. But we've been in the 80s and 90s for the last week or two. It's been warm and muggy. It should be about 70 this weekend from what I hear.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congratulations to your son and his lady. May their life be filled with lots of love, happiness and adventure. It looks like it's going to be a lovely wedding, with good food and fun. Enjoy your weekend and I look forward to seeing the pictures when you get back.

FlowerLady

The Retired One said...

How exciting!
First, congrats. to the newlyweds...eloping..wow!
And in MAINE???? OMG, I want to go there someday..the rocky cliffs, the ocean, the fishing boats...I can just imagine the photo opps....
I can't WAIT to see your photos....
I am so jealous!!!
I wish your family safety on your trip, and I hope they have a wonderful, long happy life together.
And congrats. on getting a new daughter in the fam!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Congratulations! It looks like a beautiful place to have a wedding and what fun things you have planned. Enjoy your trip.

Ezhilan said...

My best wishes and regards for your son and your daughter-in-law.
The natural scenes are beautiful.

Vernita Hoyt said...

Congratulations to the bride and groom and to you and Della! This looks like a wedding to remember! Unique and all theirs. The bride and groom are precious!

Valerie said...

What a lovely setting for a wedding. Best wishes to the happy couple.