Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two for two.....

I bought three of these guys and this is the last one that I have never posted. He loves his goose and they are flying around all over the yard. I like the weathered look that has taken place over the years. I don't have many gnomes or elves but I have three, hiding here and there ready to surprise you.
I gave my mom a coneflower and planted it outside of her back door. She has been gone a year now and the flower blooms on. She didn't appreciate it as much her last couple of years but it was there for her to see everyday. I plan to leave it right there when I sell the place and I hope people will let it grow forever. Thanks for reading....

4 comments:

Jimmy said...

great story and thought . Have a good trip.

Alan Burnett said...

Lovely thought about the coneflower. May it grow for ever more.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Love your little Gnome, I have three also !
What a lovely story about your coneflowers, I do hope the new owners will leave them there to grow and flourish, a lovely reminder of your mum.

The Retired One said...

I have been traveling and been really busy, so I haven't read anyone's blogs for 2 weeks. I am just getting a little caught up tonight...so forgive me for the late comments.
I love the coneflowers and your little statue. Adorable!