Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stripes and circles.........



Worked outside yesterday,on the door, went to get more supplies, and rested. I looked out the kitchen window during lunch and saw this wonderful design. The field lilies are going down now and soon it will all be flat.





You are going to start calling me zinnia man, but I had a couple of these to fill in space for today. I am working on getting the interior part of the door done today, and and it will all be sealed in. I was going to recycle the old door to the kitchen back door but that part of the house is old. So the door opening is really small with strange dimensions and I can't make that opening bigger. I won't throw the old door away as I may need it for an outside building that I may build someday.




The different values of watermelon to red are great. All of these flowers are now totally dried up. I may share the view. Thanks for reading......

6 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Hi Zinnia Man,
Just got in from my walk with Amy during which we walked by a group of dead and dying shoots and stalks that are almost the same colours as the ones in your first shot. I could not resist photographing them - have yet to see whether the results will be as pleasing as in your shot.

Anonymous said...

My flowers are also beginning to wilt, and lay across the ground. I like the colors and patterns in fall even as they are those of seasons changing and ending.

Anonymous said...

"Stripes and circles" - It would be neat to make that into an abstract drawing, or painting....
I love the pink zinnia pic. Zinnia man has a nice ring to it! :) ,,,,zin man haha (I'm getting silly) :)

The Retired One said...

The Zinnias are beautiful colors! And the pattern of the lilies leaves are all over my yard! I have cut some of them down but have many, many to trim down before we get buried in snow. I don't think I will get them done in time, they are predicting four inches of snow for us tonight! YIKES!

Erin said...

Our hostas were still green a couple of days ago - they're completely bright yellow today. A pretty color, but a little sad, even though I love Fall.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Zinnia man! I am sure there must be worse things to be called! Cheerful photos! :)