Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Three bushes in a row.....



This is the same photo of the burning bush next to a yew bush that I am always showing to you, including the old door and pan of water that I now have moved out of there. It has been turning red for the past month.




The mystery that I have is that eight feet over from the burning bush are two other bushes, same variety. Every year the one turns red first, and right now the other two both are at different stages.
As you can see the left one is almost pink or orange and the other one on the other side of the mongo pine is still green. I bought these all at the same time but I am wondering if they really are a different variety. The other thought that I have of course is the that the soils are different. When I bought this house, I was told that there were four or five different little sheds all over and they were torn down. I suppose a coal shed could give soil a different nutrition. I dig into sand pockets sometimes and then some places are burn sites for trash from the previous owner. If it really mattered I could send of soil samples to be tested, but I will just live with it.
By the way, I explain on photo a day, that my computer is being difficult. I may just be gone for awhile and I will miss you all. I will catch up to you later. Thanks for reading

10 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Could there be some kind of "micro-climate" effect - different shading or sunlight conditions or something similar.

Valerie said...

Curious, but good when there is a variation of colours. I'm curious about the 'fish' hanging from the tree.

L. D. said...

I had this beautiful cloth windsock that was printed with the painting of a koi on it, in the Japanese brush stroke style. It was put in the wash machine and it disintegrated. So when I revisited Duluth, Minnesota to buy another, they dropped the line. So I have this brightly colored, almost garish colored fish windsock. I like it but the other was so much more appropriate for a garden. I guess this was is my brightly colored accent. It is made of sailboat sails material but I will bring it in soon anyway.

Valerie said...

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it looked cute out there.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Isn't that interesting that they are all changing at such different times.
Hope your computer is back working again soon.

Ezhilan said...

The burning bush looks nice with the green, brown and yellow background. The information is interesting.

The Retired One said...

I LOVE those burning bushes. It is kind of neat that they are all different colors at different times, you can enjoy their color changes three different times!

Gigi Ann said...

That was interesting. Probably the shade and sun, is my vote. haha

Hope the computer is soon working like new.

L. D. said...

Yes, now that I look it over, I think the two that are under the tree are getting less water and less sunlight. The mungo pine also takes water to a my be planted too close. My computer is still acting up, it is working for fifteen minutes and then the battery looses it charge that fast and it shuts down. Battery should be here tomorrow.

Far Side of Fifty said...

My Burning Bush is hardly burning this year..at least you have some color! There are lots of different varieties.. anything is possible in the plant world. :)