Wednesday, June 30, 2010

John and Mary Pappajohn........

They donated their private collection of 24 sculptures to the Des Moines Art Center.  On a four acre spot in downtown Des Moines the pieces have been installed.  My favorite is the thinking rabbit.











Art should be able to speak for itself.  If some of them didn't,  I sure am not going to defend them. I didn't take pictures of a lot of them as I deemed them not necessary.  The family must be moving from one place to another as these were all in there very large yard.

It was a long day yesterday but we did cool down.  I thank you for stopping by...........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "thinking rabbit" is cute as can be! Is your new header photo here the pansy-like geranium? Very pretty!

Kris said...

I could spend some time looking at those sculptures! Thanks for posting the pics, Larry.

The Retired One said...

I love love love the horse and the thinking rabbit...very unique art.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have a hard time with sculptures..what were some of these artists thinking..sometimes you have not even one small hint..now the rabbit and the horse..I get them and they make me smile..:)