Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It is a dilemma.......



The swan and the goose I can figure out, and I do think I know which one is a French hen, but which one is the partridge?  We have a calling bird, which is the red cardinal and the turtle dove looks like it could be in the top row but it also could be the one on the bottom row.

I know it just doesn't matter,  I just wanted to give you a little light mental anguish during this busy season.   We have one tree up and my glass blown ornament tree is next to be put up.

We have a funeral to attend tomorrow of our friend and Sunday school colleague, John Kim.  He was 55 years old and the cancer and chemo destroyed him in three months.  He will be buried in our new military cemetery near Van Meter, Iowa.  He was a Desert Storm veteran and served 20 years in the army.  He ran the 100th Boston Marathon and is leaving behind his wife and three children.  Going back to teach the kids last week was tough and this week will be a little easier, but not much.

Thanks for stopping by.......

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It could be either one I saw !
Ooh, so sad to read this, yet another fine young man succumbed to cancer, my heart is heavy for his family.
My thoughts are with them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Larry, Funeral days are never easy..I will be thinking of you. It is never easy to lose a friend...remember to celebrate the life and to look forward to the reunion in heaven:)

L. D. said...

Yes, my lesson last week after he had passed away was spent celebrating John and reviewing what he believed. He was spending all of his energy teaching about going to heaven and how important it was to seek God. I shared hoe he received his reward and the human's left behind miss both his body and his spirit. His wife is such a great partner and she is surrounded by three wonderful children.