Saturday, November 26, 2011

Creative ventures..........


I spent Friday afternoon trying to get these all hung on the wall.  Every year as things are sold out, I have to rearrange the entire display.  The wall is full of small nail holes which I will eventually fill with filler and then repaint the wall.

I finished this Saturday morning getting the rest of them on the wall.  We didn't actually sell so many with the economy in the ditch but we did remove a lot of them to take to the art show and I needed to rearrange them.  We did sell a few of them out of the bunch.


While I was out planting tulip bulbs I noticed I could find a few thinks to shoot.  After planting I brought out the camera and took a few pictures.  The last two leaves left on the red maple tree.  The look like young late sprouts from the branch,


We ate out breakfast on Friday morning with our oldest son and daughter in law.  I chose the time to send off another quilt.  This one went to Chicago and Andy and Patricia were pleased to receive their now second one.


While I was out taking photos, I turned and saw one of the neighbors many cats sleeping next to to the garden shed.  It wasn't scared of me but the cat did really wish that I would go away so it could go back to sleep.

Thanks for stopping be to visit my blog.  I have been busy enough that I didn't realize that I had missed a day.  I see the earth didn't stand still so it must be ok for me to miss once in a while.  Enjoy your Saturday.

4 comments:

LoieJ said...

I like your art corner. I have some things to hang and always think I shouldn't put them so close together, but why not? Better that than in a box somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Lovely art work.
I enjoyed seeing your mama's quilt also.
What a sweet kitty! Is Yellow Kitty sleeping in your basement yet?
I think all the trees around us have dropped their leaves now. It really looks like Winter but we are still have highs in the 70's!
Hope you and Della have a nice Sunday.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a beautiful quilt ..I hope they know how fortunate they are to have one of their Grandmothers creations:)

Linda said...

You're doing pretty well to miss just a day. I'm struggling to get to my blog once a week at the moment.
No snow yet with you?