Monday, August 5, 2013

I thought I was so clever.........


The weather was not good to us this year.  By the time I could get zinnias planted it was too late.  The soil finally was ready to go but it was too late.  I bought a packet of white flower seed thinking I would just plant my zinnias in flower boxes this year.  I planted them and nurtured them and the seed grew instantly.  I envisions white zinnias in my box by August. 

I should have noticed the leaf shapes were not zinnias but the summer has been busy.  I just kept watering them anyway.  This even I am out shooting them and I found the package laying on the patio on the side of the container.


I am sure the French Vanilla Hybrid Marigolds will be beautiful.  I succeeded not getting any zinnias planted this year.  There is always another year.

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You will like those Marigolds, they are very pretty:)

Anonymous said...

Oh well!

lark said...

That's funny! I guessed marigold when I looked at the leaves....well you wanted white....so at least these are white marigolds. :)
They are very pretty! The many surprises that make gardening so much fun!

L. D. said...

Yes, I was so busy trying to keep them watered and alive that I didn't even notice the obvious marigold leaves. Now that they are getting larger they really made me notice the reality of my blunder.