Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Struggle......


The clematis hangs on to a fragile existence with most of its vines shriveled up.  I did see some small blooms on this vine a couple of months ago.


The ditch lilies are almost done for the summer.  The foliage is gone and a few hardy plants are staying on to show a splash of green.


I keep watering the plants next to the house but they don't seem to grow any larger.  It is hard to wet down the entire area to give it what it likes to make them grow big.


The dianthus does respond to the extra water but the foliage is small and the pot never did fill out the pot.

Today is my last day as a custodian, painter, floor man and garbage man.  It has been a hard summer with my health slowing me down and yet I did see so many things that I helped to get finished.  All of the hallways are shiny and clean.  The painted shower rooms and waxed floors are really looking good for he first time in years.  The repair work was fun and I did learn a lot about new things in the mechanical world.  I am able to run a lot of different cleaning machines that take a lot of brains to work along with the muscle to manage them. 

It will be a panic day as we have a lot of picky things to get done as they have kids and parents come into the building the night before school starts. We need to be shiny and clean everywhere so that is what we will do all day. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I start teaching as a substitute on Wednesday, that will be a shock to my system for such a change of work.  Managing and teaching students is a challenge but I did do it for almost forty years in total. .


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Congrats Larry you made it through the summer now you can relax and just be a Teacher:)
If you pinch back that Dianthus as it is still growing and green it will fill out a pot...they like some Miracle Grow too!