Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday's Things......


I have too many mugs.  I can post mug pictures from the past for weeks.  As you know that I take a lot of pictures of them.  Anyone who follows me knows this mug pops into the blog every year at this time.  As a gift from one of my staff that I subbed for last week, she gave me another mug.  I don't like to accept gifts as I am paid to do my job.  She was so sick that she was grateful that she knew things would still be in one piece when she returned.  I also spent a lot of time getting her classes back on schedule content wise. The mug that I received is one of those supper large ones from Starbucks. I can fill it and have two cups of coffee without having to refill it.  I assume I could take it with me to Starbucks and get it filled with a mocha latte.  I usually don't buy that size as I could buy a can of coffee for the price of one of those.  I will share a photo later.


The angel tree has been set up.  I was able to squeeze that in while doing other framing jobs. Maybe we will get the ornaments on it this evening.  It usually is the first tree we put up each year.  I moved furniture around in the dinning room to help a heat vent to do a better job.  It meant moving two wooded pieces of furniture and the humidifier.  The humidifier messes with the thermostat in the dining room so I have to place it just right to keep it from changing the temp settings.

My wife had three commissioned dog portrait paintings to do for Christmas.  Last night we matted two of them and have them ready for delivery.  Another commission that she had to do was a portrait of a man who was playing santa clause.  That was a first for her as the man's wife wanted to have him painted in costume.  I was really impressed with the results and maybe after Christmas I can share it with you.  We had to get a mat cut for it and we were successful in getting that done.  All will be delivered tomorrow.

I will be working on a wedding composite tonight and maybe squeeze in the walnut frame project.  I refused the Saturday school job so I can work all Saturday to get things finished.  I do need to mention a former student approached me about painting names and designs on a concrete garden bench.  I said that I would but it will have to take its place in line with everything else.



I will finish by sharing a past post of some of the faces of Christmas we will have in our house.  I do think the seven less days at Christmas time will create a crunch on a lot of things around here.  The down time for me will be the after Christmas time as the winter time off from school is larger this year. A Wednesday Christimas and New Year really messes with the school scheduling of classes. If I could have some of that down time before Christmas it would have been nice.

I am not in the Talented and Gifted room today.  I am in the high school and middle school social studies room today.  We will cover world religions, emperors of China and the 1776 time period in United States history.  It should be an interesting day. 

We are warming up a little but not really thawing out.  I hope you all have a good day and thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Della are both very talented. I hope you both will share your finished projects once Christmas is over and the gifts have been given to their lucky recipients.
I love your vast collection of coffee mugs. The doctors have taken almost everything good away from us but we are still having our morning coffee!!! ha
I love the angel in the bottom left of the collage.
Wishing you both a good evening.

The Furry Gnome said...

Boy, you sound like a busy guy!