Monday, December 16, 2013

Work.......Where's the Play??????


Well I got all of the string of lights on the tree.  Of course the one with 100 lights had half the set not working.  I just placed the lighted one on the tree and the dead to the world  half is hanging at the back of the tree where they cannot be seen.  Problem solving means creating the illusion and not showing the reality.  Once the lights were up on Saturday we decided to wait until Sunday to put on the ornaments.


I discovered a setting on the camera that gives me a twinkling photo.  I wanted the night setting but I think it is the movie setting.  Whatever it is it is another illusion.  It makes me look more intelligent than I am.  I really like the twinkle effect.


I see these guys are being reintroduced into the market just in time for Christmas.  This furby doesn't work very well anymore.  If I put new batteries in it, it says hello and then says he is tired and makes snoring sounds and goes to sleep.  He use to be very irritating to my parents when my brother first gave it to them.  The eye above the eyes would pick up  movement and he would be chattering away all the time, night and day.  His chatter was not in English most of the time.





A novel ornament on the big tree.  I am not sure if she is the cupcake angel or what, but she is colorful.  We took an hour to put the ornaments on and it was not done in great precision.  We have a lot of ornaments and the job became a game of finding an empty space to hang the ornament.

I am the sub for the art teacher for the next four days. It is going to be a lot of work and I already can see I am grumpy about it.  I know the job and I recognize what has to be done in an informal classroom.  So that makes it a lot more work than just walking in and following simple teaching plans. I have a kiln to fire each day and unload each morning. I have behaviors to deal with in a lab which are so different than having students all lined up in a row. Passive aggressive behavior is ever present in today's students. Then Friday the teacher will be returning to do grading as it is the end of the semester. I am really glad that I am able to help her out as she is having surgery today.

I hope all is well out there in blog land.  Thanks for stopping in today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the twinkling lights effect. The lights are always the most annoying part of the tree decorating!
We get a taste of children's behavior from our neighbor kids. They certainly are not being taught to behave like I was!
Your decorations on the tree are so special. I know it is fun to remember them from year to year.

Andy B said...

My lights did that too - you have a bad bulb somewhere among the dead ones. I discovered this after they were already up on the roof. I had to go back up and pull them off and sit and go through until I found it. :)

Ela said...

Beautiful Christmas tree, your decorations are wonderful and so funny
Greetings