Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Terrarium of the Past......



Yes it is in a mushroom shape with the lid making the top of the stem look like a mushroom. If it survives the move, it will be planted with some small plants.

I have seen the red-bellied woodpecker eat seeds before and now I have proof.  It isn't a great shot but it is showing the beak with the seed being held carefully.

It was not a particularly successful day in the remodeling work.  I am replacing some drywall on a ceiling and it has been tedious work.  My next step is to fill in the cavity that is a skylight opening with layers of insulation. Then it will be covered with drywall so the window to the sky will be no more. In the spring when the roof is replaced the skylight will be removed.

It is really cold outside today.  We ran a couple of errands today and it was miserable to walk from the car to the stores.  I don't think it will warm up much and I guess I didn't mention that we have 2 to 3 inches of snow.

Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your cold temps and snow. It is unusually warm here and we have light rain. Great shot of the woodpecker. I remember when terrariums were so popular. They are making a comeback but I am no good with them! I like the container and hope it makes the move just fine.
All the best with your home projects. So you have plans already to replace the roof? Will real estate list your home once it is ready for the market?