Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sunday Stuff......


An archive photo of the old birch at the old place. The birch is at the same stage today with most of the leaves fallen to the ground.

An earlier photo taken with the phone shows the yellow leaves still on the tree. The time the photo was taken the sun was bright and the temperatures were a lot warmer then. The yellow tree to the left bottom is actually the neighbor's maple tree across the street.

I will miss the tree but we have a river birch that grows almost across the street. That house is for sale right now and the people left last weekend. I was reminded of the birch in Woodward as its leaves are being blowing into our new house's yard.


An archived shot that shows the bark of the now 35 year old tree from Minnesota.
We did  reach freezing temperatures andt we were cold enough. It will happen again soon enough. I have three trees at the new place that will probably drop leaves in the next two weeks giving me more things to rake. I have a truck full of old zinnia stems to dump tomorrow. I will be mowing in a winter coat but I have to get it done both places.   I hope to be winding down on my outside work soon.

I appreciate your stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved the birch tree. My parents lived across the street from a man who had a cottonwood tree - it had the biggest leaves and every one of them blew into our yard! lol
It was so cold and windy here today.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Birch trees are some of my favorite trees. The bark is magnificent.
Love your pictures.
~Jo