Friday, November 24, 2017

The Day After T-Day........


We have a deer in the dining room and a small doe in the living room.  The wrapping of it is covered with gold glitter making it hard for the camera to focus. We thought we would like to have them out for the grandkids to see. The glitter goes everywhere as I see shinny specs in out living room carpet. Both will go outside first thing this morning so the glitter can be gone. Our neighbors across the street put up their Christmas lights on Sunday and one guy directly south of us has had his house covered with white lights for a couple of weeks now.

I put out this feeder a few days ago and there were no takers.  This morning as I started to blog and while getting that second cup of coffee I saw the first bird.  Everything shuts down and I go get the camera to give visual evidence of the happening.  I don't have many pictures to share so I really did need to take another shot or two.  Now that I am back on track, I can share what I saw.

What drew my attention in the first place was seeing the neighbor outside trimming down an oversized shrub or tree.  It was unidentifiable and had been left to grow all summer. The guys dog is what I alway watch for, as he has a brown lab that just loves to help him while he works.  The lab follows him around the yard when he mows the yard. The lab crawls inside the children's playhouse as his owner works on it. I looked out once and saw a dog's tail wagging in the window opening. Having good enough weather for everyone to be outside is a welcomed thing.

div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">



I will probably find a better feeder as the snow starts to fly.  I am watching and waiting to see if anyone else feeds the birds. I know when we move in durning the last of March, I was the only one feeding at that time.

Company arrives today for our evening Thanksgiving meal. They will be staying a couple of nights in our downstairs hotel. I need to get off this computer and work.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and yours !

Anonymous said...

It will be fun to have family there for Thanksgiving the next few nights. I will look forward to all your Christmas decor and of course, more of your bird sightings.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Enjoy your company! :)