Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thursday is a Sunny Day......


We have three burning bushes at the old place. They are just now starting to change to red. One of the directive from my wife as we need to have at least one burning bush at the new place. I haven't accomplished that yet but maybe in the spring I can find one at a larger nursery.

I took a couple of shots while I worked on the yard today.  The river birch is a beautiful specimen tree. The branches have always grown out and drop down into the face level. I does require trimming every year so you don't get branch wounds while mowing. I bought the river birch by mistake because I though all birches were alike. I was wrong, or can't read labels very well, and bought this one many years ago. I need to buy a tree for the new place but I guess we need to think which kind would be best.  A flowering tree would be good but a birch does seem to have greater character year round. Actually there are two different places where remnants of trees had been.  One of those could be a pine tree next to the blue spruce.










I went to the wood pile dump of the town and got rid of the sticks from the yard and the zinnias from the new yard. The area designated for dumping is located on the city property in the county where they have three sewer lagoons. I ran into a herd (flock) of many Canadian geese while I was out there. Pictures of that will be shared on another day.

We really did warm up today as of yesterday's warm-up really never happened.  I am getting tired of getting chilled while outside but today that didn't happen. I messed up my blogging yesterday and posted my Creative Zone on the Photo a Day blog. So today you get to see the two blogs.  I appreciate your stopping by today.

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We used to have a Burning Bush, and it was the most beautiful color of Fall red in the garden.
Yours is gorgeous...
I've always loved Birch trees, such interesting bark !
Hope you are having a lovely day Larry.
Hugs,
~Jo

Anonymous said...

I love your burning bush photo. I wish we had a few planted here. It has been much warmer here today, also.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on grandma's china pie plate. It is confusing about that pattern. It is by Homer Laughlin and is the Virginia Rose shape, and there is a Moss Rose decal and a Fluffy Rose decal - I have a little of both patterns.

Red said...

Lots of different species of birch. I had paper birch. None of the birch last much more than 40 years and some less.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love the leaves of your burning bush.

Happy Autumn ~ FlowerLady