Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Second Day of the Week....


It was 14 degrees F. out there while I took the shot. I have to wear warmup pants on top of my blue jeans to keep warm. On cold days like this the dog wants to stay outside a lot longer.

Looking out from the downstairs window you can see the cold’s action on the tomato garden. Leaves are gone on the maple tree in the back. The winds help to  clear all the leaves to the back of the yard.

Walking through the storage area of the workshop the deer are ready to be set free.  I think I put them out before Thanksgiving last year. We are going to have family visitors from Chicago area this year. The pitter patter of two boys will be heard throughout the house.



Our son Aaron flew back to Maine yesterday.  His plane left at 2:05 yesterday afternoon, heading to New York City. He had a long layover there and then flew on to Bangor, Maine.  I think he said he would arrive there  by 10:00 that night their time.


We had a great time visiting and eating out for a dinner and a breakfast. He had a great time getting together with 7 old college friends, tailgating and seeing the game. He won’t do that again for a while and it had been 20 years since they left college. On the way to the airport we took a jog to a sports store so he could by a new Iowa State sweatshirt.  Funny they don’t sell those in Maine.
I like the lineup in my toy collection area. Most of these toys were played with our sons when they were little.

It is really too cold to go outside but I did have to make a run to the grocery store.  My wife is feeling better but still needs some special things to eat when one is ill.  Our grocery store is tolerable when you go at 9:00 in the morning. By evening they will have all of the cashier checkouts filled.  They morning they had only two.

Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I had a bit of catching up to do, Larry, as I am now reading blogs on a weekly basis. Nice that you were able to spend time with your son even though it did go by so quickly as visits always do. I know what you mean about living a distance from family, which is why we relocated to New England as there were more family here. That said I have a brother and nieces still in our native NJ and granddaughter #2 is in PA/ We are expecting to see most of the family between Thanksgiving and Christmas which will be very nice. Seems you got hit with cold weather there faster than we have here in NH.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope Della feels better soon. Good to hear you are getting company for Christmas...soon it will be time to decorate:)